Welcome to my Quotes Page! These are some of my favorite cat quotes. If you know of any others, please email them to me. Purrs!
1. "If you yell at a cat, you're the one who is making a fool of yourself."
2. "You cannot look at a sleeping cat and feel tense."
-- Jane Pauley
3. "A cat sneezing is a good omen for everyone who hears it."
-- Italian Superstition
4. "The smart cat doesn't let on that he is."
-- H.G. Frommer
5. "Time spent with cats is never wasted."
-- May Sarton
6."A dog is a prose, a cat is a poem."
-- Jean Burden
7. "Way down deep we are all motivated by the same urges, Cats have the courage to live by them."
-- Jim Davis
8. "In a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats."
-- English Proverb
9. "Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
-- Robert A. Heinlein
10. "People who hate cats, will come back as mice in their next life."
-- Faith Resnick
11. "There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats."
12. "There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
13. "The cat has too much spirit to have no heart."
-- Ernest Menaul
14. "A meow massages the heart."
-- Stuart McMillan
15. "The more people I meet, the more I like my cat."
16. "Cats rule and dogs drool!"
17. "CAT (n): 1. Furry keyboard cover 2. Alarm clock"
18. "Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want"
-- Joseph Wood Krutch
19. "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
-- Albert Schweitzer
20. "I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior."
-- Hippolyte Taine
21. "I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul."
-- Jean Cocteau
22. The smallest feline is a masterpiece."
-- Leonardo da Vinci
23. "Heaven will not ever Heaven be unless my cats are there to welcome me."
-- Epitaph in Pet Cemetery
24. "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
25. "If a cat washes her face in front of several persons, the first person she looks at will be the first to get married."
-- Early American saying
26. "Which is more beautiful--feline movement or feline stillness?"
-- Elizabeth Hamilton
27. "There are few things in life more heartwarming than to be welcomed by a cat."
-- Tay Hohoff
28. "Two cats can live as cheaply as one, and their owner has twice as much fun."
-- Lloyd Alexander
29. "Who cares well for cats will marry as happily as he or she could ever wish."
-- French proverb
30. "Beware of people who dislike cats."
-- Irish proverb
31. "Cat's Motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it look like the dog did it."
32. "The cat and the love you give away always come back to you."
33. "My dog thinks he's human.. My cat thinks he's GOD!"
34. "In ancient times cats were worshipped as Gods, they have not forgotten this."
35. "The cat has too much spirit to have no heart."
-- Ernest Menaul
36. "A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not."
-- Ernest Hemingway
37. "Of all domestic animals the cat is the most expressive. His face is capable of showing a wide range of expressions. His tail is a mirror of his mind. His gracefulness is surpassed only by his agility. And, along with all these, he has a sense of humor."
-- Walter Chandoha
38. "Civilization is defined by the presence of cats."
39."The way in which she walks, the way in which she stalks, the way in which she "talks," makes even the most ordinary cat extraordinary."
-- Peter Collier
40. "I purr, therefore I am."
41. "Nobody who is not prepared to spoil cats will get from them the reward they are able to give to those who do spoil them."
-- Sir Compton MacKenzie
42. "With the qualities of cleanliness, affection, patience, dignity and courage that cats have, how many of us, I ask you, would be capable of becoming cats?"
-- Fernard Mery
43. "To err is human, to purr is feline."
44. "Rule of Feline Frustration: When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly content and adorable, you will suddenly have to go to the bathroom."